Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First-Time Sewing

Check out this very sweet picture that SB reader Sallie Nold of Summerville, SC sent us, showing her 7-year old granddaughter Eleanor sewing for the first time on Sallie's Viking SE sewing machine. Sallie tells us:
She was a natural at hand sewing…she took a piece of material and started making a skirt for a doll…saying she wanted to donate it to the little girls in Haiti who had surely lost their doll clothes. So sweet! I want her to love sewing as much as I do.
Thanks for sharing, Sallie! Maybe you have a future contributor to Sew Beautiful on your hands. Share your pictures with us by emailing them to blog@sewbeautifulmag.com.

1 comment:

  1. My grand-daughter Raegan is 7 and I'm teaching her to sew now too. I got her a child's machine last year and now will get her a real one. I learned to sew from my Grandma...thank you Grandma. Happy Sewing ya'll.

    ReplyDelete