1. Set your serger for narrow cover stitch (middle and right needle), and an extra accessory foot - the pintuck foot and guide finger.
2. Attach the pintuck foot and guide pin (photo 1). Photo 2 shows the bottom of the pintuck foot. See the groove?
|Photo 1 (left) and Photo 2|
5. To make a second tuck, place the outer edge of the foot against the previous tuck (photo 4). Serge. The second tuck will be a "foot's width" from the first tuck. Repeat for the number of tucks needed.
6. Press all of the excess fabric in one direction. The pressed fold will hide one of the needle threads, creating a mock folded tuck (photo 5).
Serger Workshop: The Sarasota Clutch includes:
- Notions, Cutting and Marking
- Creating the Tab or Wrist Strap
- Chain Stitch Gathering
- Creating the Pockets
- And more!
Sew On, Sew Well, Sew Beautiful,
Kathy and Amelia